Sunday, September 2, 2007

We Now Return to Our Previously Scheduled Program...

So, it appears that I have done something right. I went into this whole blogging thing as a way to share what I do with people, and get some feedback. Call it exhibitionsim lite.

Anyway, as you can tell from the dates between one blog and the next, which was done by my friend Zane, I was out of the loop for quite awhile. Here's the scoop.

Over the last 7 years the military has increasingly become focused on "jointness". For my military readers out there, you know what I mean. Since Rumsfeld, for better or worse, came onto the scene as Secretary of Defense, he forced the branches to merge services, participate more in training and merge doctrine where applicable and making sense. Some of this new focus on jointness works; sometimes it does not. Regardless, it is now the reality that we work with, so that is how it is.

What this means, however, is that we now support and work with the other services to a much greater degree than before hand. I was gone for 3 weeks after getting an extremely short notice (30 hours) to pack my things and prepare to deploy TDY (Army lingo actually, fitting since that was who I was supporting, temporary duty assignment) in support of a training excercise. Word to the wise; never let your supervisors know you have critical or rare skills sets if it isn't dicumented. Bad idea.

Anyway, I'm home. I've got piles of bills and mail, tons of e-mail and a lot of plans. I'll post again in a day or two, and I'll have some interesting stories. My last major blog, The Bitter Prude, generated 7 or so comments, and quite a few private e-mail responses. I'm going to talk about that first, then I'll give you a taste of what I was up to. So to speak.

~Mike

Send Mike an E-mail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back

Google Search

Google
 
 
Twisted Blogs